Monday, February 16, 2009

Pick it Up, Twist it!

Easy-Peasy Lemon Squeezy! The Twist!

Yes, I need this hair stylists number....

So, as I said in my last post its been pretty hot in Perth and I've just had a new haircut which features a blunt fringe which rocks when the weather is cooler and less sticky. So I have been on the hunt for a new way to style my hair in a cute but humid-friendly way! I went to St Jeromes Laneway Festival a few weeks ago and I keep seeing braided fringes left right and center and I am thinking this might be the answer to my dilemma.

I don't think I've sported a plait since I was in primary school so my technique is rather rusty so I hopped on YouTube and found this tutorial title "Lauren Conrad's Side Braid Look". I have to admit (I am blushing!) I do watch The Hills and I am pretty envious of Laurens hair so I settled in to watch the video. Um...I just spent the last 1/2 hour swearing at the mirror and feeling like a goof. I don't think my fingers are nimble enough and my 'do is too short! Boo hoo!



So Lauren's hair triggered my memory to last week when I watching "The City" (yep blushing again!) and I remember thinking Whitneys hair was way cute. (If you are lost on who 'Lauren' or 'Whitney' are you must have way better taste in TV than Kitty Brite and me!!!) I think I just found my new summer hair style- The Twist! Oh and even a hair-challenged girl like me can pull this one off! I am totally going to do this tomorrow morning and take a picture, I promise!



P.S How weird are these ladies teaching these hair tutorials?! The 'Twist' girl has zero charisma she is soooo freaky!

No comments:

Post a Comment